0

Henry new king of Barcelona....

Monday, June 25, 2007

Thierry Henry overwhelmed after move


With nearly 30,000 fans providing a hero's welcome to its newest signing, Thierry Henry already looked at home on the Nou Camp turf in his No. 14 FC Barcelona jersey. Even star player Ronaldinho didn't have that many supporters on hand when he was introduced nearly four years ago.

"It's great to be here playing at
Barcelona," the former Arsenal captain said in Catalan after he had greeted the ecstatic crowd and performed some ball-juggling tricks."I always said that if I ever leave Arsenal, it would be to play for Barcelona. It's no disrespect to anybody, it's my choice," Henry told reporters earlier.
"The way Barcelona plays, the fans, just being here and what
I'm noticing now, it's outstanding."The emotions looked to hit Henry as he performed a lap across the Nou Camp.

The 29-year-old Frenchman never stopped clapping the fans, pausing only to pat the Barcelona crest on his jersey, all the while taking an occasional moment to let it all sink in."I'm always surprised when I see all you guys (the press) here and all the people in the stands waiting to see me," Henry said. "What they say is true: Barcelona is more than just a club."



0 Responses to "Henry new king of Barcelona...."